Sadly, I’m still behind the mark progress wise when it comes to my final project.  I have multiple ideas which I have researched to differing degrees but have not figured out a creative element.  I know I’m very likely overthinking it, but still.  I know last week I mentioned last week that I was interested in the Mardi Gras Indians and that I crochet, and it was suggested I try to combine those somehow.  I didn’t figure out a way to do that between last week and today, and at this point I don’t really have the time to make something out of crochet before the end of class.  I also began researching stuff about my hometown to see if there was something to do in that direction. There are definitely things to research in my hometown as there are many historical places, but once again I don’t know what to do about the creative aspect.

Update after Thursday’s Class: I was indeed overthinking it. I’m going with the hometown focus. My research will remain much the same, with at least a few of my sources coming from sites and databases run by local museums and other historical foundations.  As for the creative aspect it is going to be a combination of the historical knowledge I already have about my area, the new things I’m learning through research, and my personal thoughts on my hometown.  I’m not entirely sure what format this creative element is going to take yet as, but it’s likely going to a mix of different elements.  The foundation of the creative part is likely going to be a glorified list of things I like about my hometown that I will than expand upon.  I promise I will make it more interesting than it might sound right now.

Sorry I really thought I hit the publish button on Friday, that was clearly not the case.

One Response to “Final Presentation Update”

1. I’m glad you are making progress on the project. I think you can find a creative aspect as you start on the research section.