Okay so I don’t really have any deeper analytical thoughts about the text sorry.  To be honest my main impression so far is that Binx is an interesting individual who makes small talk with a lot of people.  This may be just me, but I felt like we were introduced to a lot of side characters who weren’t particularly memorable, and I was having an interesting time remembering who was who.  We’ve already discussed some of his quirks in class, but the further we read the more interesting things we learn about Binx’s internal thoughts.  One that stuck out to me was his decision to get to know the ticket sellers and theater owner at the movies.  He did so not because he wanted to make friends, but because he needed such knowledge to anchor himself in time and space.  Without that connection it may as well feel like he was watching a movie from anywhere. I think this novel being in first person POV allows us as readers to really understand Binx’s eccentricities in a way we wouldn’t be able to from 3rd person POV.  Sure 3rd person POV can make it plenty clear that characters are a bit unusual, but seeing all of their thought makes it much more obvious.