I hope to dive more into my Creole background, specifically where my family originated from and how we made our way to New Orleans. It’s important to discover how and when we became “Creole” because of the rarity of being a white Creole. The creative aspects I hope to include hand-drawn maps with pinpoints on the hot spots for my family and what happened in those areas that led to traveling. I will be speaking to my family members using other books for reference and incorporating those into the maps. Then I hope to speak to each member of my family still in New Orleans and ask them what being white Creole means to them and why they decided to stay in New Orleans after all this time.

2 Responses to “Research Project Idea #2”

1. ahullender says:

I think that this a really neat idea and bringing in your family would be a great idea to bring in your heritage and innate cultural ties

2. srpastula says:

I think your idea is very creative and I love that you are able to incorporate yourself into this project! I’m excited to see the end result and hear your family’s perspectives.